Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Snow is the enemy

For those of you that live in cold weather states with this horrible precipitation feel where I am coming from. And those of you that think it's beautiful, go shovel the stuff for an hour and a half and then tell me how beautiful it still is to you. I promise you your mind will change. To my people in Alaska, I truly don't know how you do it, but I can promise you I won't be there to find out.

I don't know about the rest of you but snow ruins my day. It makes the roads messy, which has people forgetting how to drive in the snow, which, in turn, puts me in the ditch. Although the speed limit says 70 and there are 3-6 inches of the crap on the ground, and the road has YET to be cleared, you might want to consider slowing the hell down!! I mean damn, do 35-40 mph just off good principle so that the big rig truck doesn't jack knife off into a ditch and block traffic even more. There's never a reason for a fast trip to Walgreen's that's down the street taking an hour. I say this from the bottom of my heart, I gotta move to a place where the only seasons they know are Spring, Summer and Fall- damn Winter and especially DAMN THE SNOW!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE SNOW!!! When most people want to stay in, I love being the first person to walk in it and leave my footprints! I get upset when the weather guy promises 3-6 inches, and we only get a dusting. If it's gonna snow - let it really snow! Now, yes, people lose their mind trying to drive in the stuff. And I can't stand to hear people from MI complain about the snow and cold...you're from here!!! Anywho, those are my thoughts. Great comments, Caryn!!!

EverReady said...

Actually Tiff, I'm from St. Louis, MO and instead of snow, we get ice! Usually the ice melts within a day or so, but up here, I can't move without more snow falling. Thanks for your comments!