Thursday, March 03, 2005

The truth about the late 20's (part I)

Truth is .... right now I'd give just about anything to be in high school again.

Truth is .... right about now, undergrad doesn't look so bad.

Truth is .... if I knew then what I know now, a whole lot of things could have been avoided.

Truth is .... I'm living life with one foot in the sea and the other on the shore.

The barenaked truth is that if I could go back and relive life, a whole lot of things about my life would be different. If you've ever seen the movie "The Butterfly Effect," you might be scared to change even the smallest thing about your life. I mean had I not cut my hair as a child, I could very well have become the next Tyra Banks. Or had I attend undergraduate school with my best friend at St. Louis University, the chance is great I could have become a millionaire by now. At the same time, had I not made certain decisions in my life that lead me to writing this blog right now, I wouldn't be writing this blog. And who knows, my writing this blog right now could lead me down a whole other path later on in life. The purpose of all of this is to keep living to find out, right? So my question is, really, what will it take for me to realize my own potential, my own self worth? I look at Oprah Winfrey- surely life for her has been no crystal stair, she's dealt with quite a bit in her life for her to be where she is in life right now. But I can't imagine her not being "Oprah." Everyone in every phase of life has a certain purpose, a calling. Some are extremely fortunate to land right on it and follow it through until it's very end. Others happen to trip over it and continue to trip through it, surprised and every twist and turn. Even more others, search and search and search to find only to find out that that's not it. I often wonder what category I fall in. I have been undeservedly blessed beyond measure and I still have a ways to go before coming to my own apex in life- I just pray that I am ready for the responsibility of all that it encompasses.

No comments: