Friday, July 22, 2005

He likes me .... Jaime in C major

To have someone like me as much as I like him has been a hard thing to come by. I believed that there was a time when no one would like me back because they were more concerned about what they could get from me rather than linking up with me emotionally. But here I am, trying to do my thing and work on me and someone chooses me and likes me. I wasn't trying to be chosen, I was minding my business. Lo and behold he saw me and wanted to find out who I was. I wasn't being spectacular or anything, just helping my sistersororfriend get married and being a concerned bridesmaid. I guess yellow attracts people like that. But I didn't expect to walk out of her wedding reception holding his hand. And although we've had two official dates, one visit before I left the state and a slew of daily phonecalls, he's conceded that he's ready to spend his time with me, his life with me. He's willing to do what I want to do, willing to go where I want to go. He's not afraid of it all. He likes that I'm funny and not so funny and that I get emotional at times. He likes that I'm working hard to trust him and putting effort in getting to know who he is as a man, as Jaime. I like that he likes me back. I like that he sends me poetry and tells me that I'm perfect for him, even when he's laughing at me. He says I'm good for him and the only thing he wants to do is to show me how much he wants to make me happy- he declared that he was gonna make me happy. I like that he is Jaime all the time.

3 comments:

TJ said...

That's really sweet. I hope things work out for ya!

Diva (in Demand) said...

GET IT CHICK!!!

I'm so happy for you.

melette said...

Everybody should be so blessed.