Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Cautious vs. Jaded- You decide

I've been rolling this around in my head for a little while and the evidence towards either side is still inconclusive.

According to Merriam Webster, cautious is an adjective of caution, meaning to mean prudently watchful and discreet in the face of danger or risk. Cautious implies the exercise of forethought usually prompted by fear of danger. Jaded on the other hand, means fatigued by overwork, exhausted, or dulled by experience or by surfeit. So when it comes to the matters of the heart, is it being cautious, jaded or both? Because I can honestly say that now I am watchful for not wanting to risk my heart and emotions, yet the stress and fatigue I feel about relationships has numbed me from whatever experiences and feelings I am supposed to feel when in a relationship. In fact I'm probably more so now after this last fiasco than from when my engagement broke up seven years ago. No matter what, I just don't feel like I am able to recover or the recovery time has been put on halt until further notice. My heart/emotions are now on life support, who would have thought.

I guess only time will tell which one I am but as of now, right right now, I am just tired.

No comments: