Saturday, May 21, 2005

My "Type"

What is my "type"? What is anybody's "type"? Who came up with "type" anyway? I think I can honestly say that I have been doomed to have a certain type and it is because of that "type" I'm supposed to have, I haven't met anyone. But here is the thing, I've met plenty of men, but because of this supposed "type" I don't give people a chance. At least I recognize this. BUT I have to strip myself of whatever this "type" of mine I'm supposed to have. My 11 year old niece believes that I should be dating and marrying a doctor, lawyer or a businessman. My mom believes that someone who works in a trade is beneath me. But the truth is that I don't know what my supposed type is or if I am even supposed to have one. I believe there is a difference between having standards and having a type. I definitely believe that this "type" things strips me of whatever chances I'm supposed to have for actually enjoying dating. And although I am on a man sabbatical right now, when I'm ready to date again I want to be able to enjoy it. And I pray that in my enjoying it, that love will surprise me.

No comments: