Sunday, June 12, 2005

Another wedding, a new lease on dating

Yesterday marked the end of the wedding season for me. My sororsisterfriend got married to her man of five years and it was a wonderful ceremony. As much as my feet hurt during the entire ceremony, it was filled with a lot of surprises. Surprise number one was the man I was walking with at the rehearsal was not the same man I ended up walking with in the ceremony. His name is Noah. He was quite handsome and charming. He even managed to tell me that I had a pretty smile as he was walking me down the rest of the way of the aisle. And all the while, I was focusing on the happiness on my friends, I later found out I was being checked out by someone else- his name? That's surprise number 2, Jaime. Jaime is a friend of the maid of honor and we all got along swimmingly. He and I got quite a bit in common and he's really a nice man. The maid of honor was pretty much like, "I'm gonna set the two of you up!" And I mean we hit it off- we danced, laughed, talked. But I also did the same thing with Noah. Shoot I gave Noah some of my cake! And Noah currently lives where I want to live- Houston, Texas. I'm going to keep in contact with him as well. And with the book I've been reading, it pretty much says that I need to be open to just chilling out with someone, just learning about them, taking it day by day. So that's what I am going to do- I'm just going to be open. We never know ....

1 comment:

Diva (in Demand) said...

Look at you...big pimpin at the wedding.