Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Been thinking about .... Lessons learned from past hurts

Not all hurts that occur happen in a romantic relationship, although those are the ones we tend to remember, linger on and dissect until we can't anymore. In speaking with a male friend of mine today, he said something to me that I've taken to heart. Just as much as the "love life" talk with my best friend's pastor made me look at love in a different way, my friend's comment on why things end in relationships now has me looking at the end of romantic relationships in a different way. He's said to me, "Sometimes it's best to not know all of the details in when a relationship ends. Let the end be the end and move on. Sure you will be hurt and you will deal with that hurt, but you will move on and be better because of it." As much as I know that this is the truth, as a woman I can't help but wonder what the real reasons are why men leave me. But then again, maybe my friend is right, it's best I don't know because I won't be able to carry that into the next situation. What I can say is that I refuse to travel backwards. I've already dealt with it. But if it means that going backwards will allow me to have the reaction I deserve to have, then it is necessary so that I can move forward. All I do know is something has to give.

No comments: